Mr S. S Kumbhare- Assistant Director Eastern Zone, Kolkatta
|Mr. S. S Kumbhare|
Eastern Zone, Kolkatta
|Name||Mr. S. S Kumbhare|
|Date of Birth||09-01-1966|
|Date of Joining||20.10.1989|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. (Forestry) from Dr, Panjabrao Des Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola, Maharashtra
Diploma in Computer Application from IGNOU, New Delhi
|Experience In prior to FSI||Worked as a Research Assistant and Associate in IIFM Bhopal from Sept 1990 to June 1992
Worked as a Plantation Manager in Indo - Australian plantation company, Nashik From Aug 1992 to Sept 1993
|Experience In prior to FSI||September 1993 to Presen
1) Working with Forest Survey of India under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, which has been mandated to carry out periodic assessment of country’s Forest Resources using latest technology of Forest Cover Mapping, Forest Inventory concerned with the estimation of Growing stock of both Forest as well as non Forest areas & G.I.S.
2) Carried out the works pertaining to the Evaluation & Monitoring of centrally sponsored Schemes in about 6 states of the country.
3) Worked as a Crew Leader (Junior Tech Assistant) till Nov 2013
4) Worked as a Senior Tech Assistant (Supervisor) from Nov 2013 till date.
5) Worked nearly for 28 years in the remotest forest areas of the country which involves mainly planning & Execution or daily field works, data collection & liaison between the local forest/revenue Departments and Forest Survey of India.
6) Attended 2 weeks foreign training programme on “Wildlife Management” in Malaysia followed by one week domestic module from 10/1 2/2018 to 28/1 2/2018, under the scheme “Foreign Training of Forestry Personnel (FTFP) organized by the government of India
7) Was deputed to the Srilanka for one week to deliver training to the Forest officials/Officers of Govt of Srilanka regarding the New Design of National Forest Inventory.
8) Worked as a Inspecting officer on behalf of Govt. of India to clear the Forest Encroachments In the state of Karnataka during1994-95.
9) Successfully performed the duties of Monitoring of more than 200 Plantations raised by various state Governments under Centrally sponsored schemes.
10) Monitored Forest Fires, Fire lines in the five states of South India under Centrally sponsored schemes.
11) Worked as a Research Associate/Assistant from 1990 to1992 in Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal and prepared reports on Socio- economic and Agro Forestry projects of Govt of India.
12) Attended various departmental training programmes on GIS, Forest Cover Mapping & National Forest Inventory.
13) Participate done week Workshop on Forest Resources Assessment organized by the FAO under the world Forest Resources Assessment programme.
|Area of Specialization||Assessment of National Forest Inventory, Forest Cover Mapping, Monitoring and Evaluation of various projects of GOI under Various schemes/Projects|
|Other Interests||Jogging, Fitnessfreak, Trekking|